Monday, January 14, 2008

Jaime and Luis get spoiled; A cousin gets married.

It's been a while since the last post, but there is a good reason for this: I've been out of town twice over the past few weeks. This tends to happen around the holidays, as most of my family lives away from here, and someone must go visit them.


So, a few weeks back, I spent time in Indianapolis visiting my brother's family. It was great to see his wife and kids - the nephews are growing up - as well as their energy level. I had a great time playing with them (as well as spoiling them as much as I can.)

That's Luis and Jaime, posing for their uncle.

Rene and I did find time to change the clutch slave cylinder on my brother's Miata.








So you see, there's always a bit of car stuff going on.

By the way, that's Rene, Jaime, Luis and Jane on the picture on the left.









After the Indy trip, I stayed in Seattle for a week, then headed south to Mexico for my cousin's wedding. Who gets married in Mexico? Well, if you want to have a good time, it is definitely a good way to get hitched.

I stayed at one of those all-inclusive resorts in the Riviera Maya (Bahia Principe Hotel Coba.) The whole wedding party totaled about 60 people, friends and family of the groom and bride.

Along the way, we visited the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza. The first picture is the main ball court, where the participants would apparently guide a small rubber ball up that small stone ring, without using their hands. This place was built about a thousand years ago - go figure!


We walked the whole complex for about three hours. This was not nearly time enough - the place is huge, with lots of old temples and buildings to see. One can easily spend a whole day exploring the place.

Or just pointing at things...


And yes, the wedding went well, too (both the groom and bride said "yes"; that's all that's needed for a great wedding ceremony, in my opinion.)




















So, all in all, we had a great week indeed. The weather was perfect, the pool and the beach were relaxing, the food was great, and the company was even better. I can't wait to head back for another wedding...

No comments: